I read a statistic somewhere that said that approximately 95% of people questioned felt that they were just surviving their life, but not really living it.
They felt that their life was an endless loop of
go to work
do household chores
go to sleep
They felt that they were just living a robotic existence with very little joy.
Maybe that is why the movie “GROUNDHOG DAY” was so successful,
many of us could relate to his dilemma.
WHY IS THAT?
Why are we so content to just settle for a flat and lifeless life where we feel stuck in the endless loop?
The bible teaches us that we were created to find JOY, so where is it?
I believe that JOY is found inside ourselves when we make peace with our creator.
Romans 15:13 says:
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
What would it take for you to begin right now to Live vibrantly?
Yes, Right Now.
As quick as you can!
For me it was a realization that my existence on this planet is for but an instant –much like the simple striking of a match.
I suddenly realized that I have a brief chance to ignite a quick burn, and then it will be extinguished…
Never ever to be reproduced in exactly the same way again.
So I decided in that moment of clarity that I wanted to make a difference.
I wanted my spark to ignite a fire, somewhere, or for someone while I was alive.
I wanted to leave this world better than I found it.
So please stop and take a minute to ponder this thought:
For the brief moment that is your mortal life and you have a choice:
The flame that is your spirit can spark a blazing fire,
giving light to the world,
Inspiration to the people,
and spread wildly into something vast and eternal.
It can swiftly fade and fizzle out…
Back to the nothingness from where it came.
This song is the perfect companion to this post today, so take a minute and enjoy it before you read on:
The beauty of life is that it’s designed to be entirely our choice.
Our Creator has blessed us with freewill, and graciously leaves it completely and utterly up to us.
Just His hope that we will choose wisely!
As you begin your life you are provided a blank canvas on which you can choose to paint.
As you consider your potential in this life, the truth is that you already know deep inside that you have the seeds for something fantastically great.
Too often we do not listen to that truth because we’ve gotten caught up in the “little things” which exist to distract us.
We foolishly believe that we must simply fall in line with the status quo;
But don’t you know that “STATUS QUO” is the very place where flames are sent to struggle, smolder, and die.
Only those people who are willing to listen to their inner truth will find the power necessary to begin to unleash their potential.
Your potential will result in the discovery of happiness.
It has the power to expose the seemingly “luck-driven” creation of the fulfilling life.
And once the blinders have been removed and you can finally see the truth that you actually deserve a life that is passion FUELED.
Greatness is something that is inherently unique for each of us.
It may mean finding a better way to help people.
Maybe it’s launching a business venture that will address global challenges.
Maybe your greatness is the creation of an artistic masterpiece – a song or a novel
Whatever it is, just do your part to unite humanity by creating deep meaning for the people you interact with every day, and watch the flame spread across the globe.
The point is, without the deeper meaning associated with our drive to do something great, life quickly becomes boring.
It’s through that stagnating boredom that people turn to drugs, gambling, or other false flames to get the high we all so desperately seek.
The sad truth for those lost souls is this:
The passion and purpose you seek was right inside of you the whole time available free for the taking… through our very own dreams.
Consider making the commitment right now, at this very moment.
It doesn’t matter how old you are,
Where you live,
Whether you have means or not.
What matters is that you’re full of life, right now.
Your flame is burning and wants to ignite the world.
So go ahead and get lit!
Your only regret will be that you didn’t start sooner.
Through that very journey you will discover your own unique greatness.
And it’s at that moment you will look back and see it was the journey that counted most of all.
Stop being part of that 95% and start spreading the flame of the other 5%